Wednesday, June 18, 2014

I Have Loved Since Half Past the Dead of Dawn

I Have Loved Since Half Past the Dead of Dawn
Written by Jonathan Henderson 
Tuesday June 17, 2014 @ 11:34 PM

Ma chere! I have loved since half past the dead of dawn,
The fields attacking me with their poppies, and you? My
Opiate, just one hit needed only, nevermore nor any less
So addictive to that seductive scent of a sweetheart's wet
Kiss, and I! O! How I'm a sugarcoated summer's bliss! And
How I shall sing "Que sera sera!" O! My Omaha, driving
'Cross country, nowhere to go but inside, you, here, by me,
And I can't seem to shake this impossible dream: How am
I so serene, or why me? How I deserve thee! Mon amour,
je suis amoureux avec vous! O! How this is true! Let us 
Sail that sky where the Seven Seas roll as the sheets engulf
My head, that grip caressing down the wooden totem pole,
And O! And don't you know? Say you shall! Say you'll be
Forever mine as we sail that gentle sky past that good night
And onto that penultimate breaking of dawn, and how so!
How I have loved since half past the dead of dawn! Oui!
C'est vrai, mon amour! How that love redirected my life
Until I was in your arms, objectified by your sweet caress.

No comments:

Post a Comment