Saturday, May 3, 2014

Lost Sea to Despair

Lost Sea to Despair
Written by Jonathan Henderson
Saturday May 3, 2014 @ 9:37 PM

O' I do not remember before the present time
When I last committed the sin of crime, when
The beat of my soul hurt so well in accordance
To the drummer and his wiles - how I long for
A peace I never knew, the happiness of heart
So foreign as if a man from Kathmandu! O' do
You not think it possible to be true if my lover
Shall forever be assigned by my Creator, you?

Perception seems so far away, love, that which
We're all to enjoy, but my empty sky above just
Crashed my soiree by the landing... and if we're
Never to fear the despair always to be, if we're
Not to see the changes made bear fruit, o' how
Will I ever smile an inch or even a minutia of
That country mile? Those chain gangs toil 'neath
That sun so torrid, how it skewers thy frigidity
Away from my heart, replacing her with a sea
Coursing through the veins, a lost sea to despair
Fast - but as the sands descend to the bottom of
The cauldron's vat void of pleasure, embracing
Life's calumny, but I digress at the behest o' Fate's
Ennui towards me and all who slave to thy sins.

No comments:

Post a Comment