Tuesday, November 25, 2014

Cedar Tree

"Cedar Tree"
Written by Jonathan Henderson 
Tuesday November 25, 2014 @ 5:32 PM

Post a baker's dozen and four and O'! she's forever seen but 
Now that root is gone, burnt to ashes, the winds blow her 
Asunder, I shall never pray away for another blunder...

The holidays never mean so well in that mind of mine, 'tis
In an unkind hell more cold than hot, pure azure in its ice
Than all the inferno Dante could cast me away...

Ornaments once were sacrosanct, but I confess, they'll not
Be now nor ever or again, and I shall break the tidings only
To commiserate the first bleak day when Fate cut down my
Cedar Tree a-whole...

Shall I sail the starry seas of the blackened coal skies as 
I am pondering just when I shall find those Kingsfords inside
And what I need - and what I see is how I wish my beloved
Cedar Tree could come home, to climb that stairway once 
And no further times, to stare into her emerald eyes - the 
Most soulful to haunt of my heart, as we'd dine a la carte,
No pain nor mercy driving me insane, so should she feel o'
So serene, and let our spirits purr as the motorboats coast
Down that River Jordan, content with our one last time.


No comments:

Post a Comment