Wednesday, November 19, 2014

The Drift of the Unconscious Sufferer

"The Drift of the Unconscious Sufferer"
Written by Jonathan Henderson 
Wednesday November 19, 2014 12:27 AM

My suffrage of the temperance of the soul, depravity sings
Of the long acquaintance in my mind, that it be thine own
Mind, pontificating as it will, or as you never were nor may
You ever - Charge up that hill! 'Tis uphill, but those men in
The hilarity of their passe white coats of infamy peeping so
Far down into the precipice of an abyss to crown my very
Boorish countenance a lost cause in the catacombs along
The banks of the River Styx, doing all I may to steer clear
Of the gnashing mongrel Cerberus and his knives amid the
Rim of despair's capacity to forever tear my apparatus from
Limb to limb - Habare corpus ut daret - and my home! O! O!
My home! Mala fortuna! Another one of me now bitten of that
Lazarus respirat ultimum... Nunc est mea tempus relinquere 
Pro bono. Bon opportuna ad futura ad infinitum....


No comments:

Post a Comment