Friday, November 28, 2014

Year Zero Down, an Eternity to Go

"Year Zero Down, an Eternity to Go"
Written by Jonathan Henderson
Friday November 28, 2014 @ 12:07AM

Year Zero without you at the table, begging for random kernels
Popped just as I handled you with care, and I hope you knew as
I still do now more than ever before - how I'll always love you so.
Time only sailed the stormy gales of the sands of the hourglass's
Granules, so small and yet as microcosms, a world all their own
Because the tell tales with so much to behold - and o'! Now you're Gone and I've suddenly taken a cold -

And if I never told you each moment at our home how I loved you,
It was one chance missed out of so many I'd waste, for by our time,
Measures are merely pithy condemnations for how we shall never
Control, for science only knows a tangible end to the beginning of "No".

Almighty God planted for each a cedar, a trunk firm as its age-old
Rings tell of many a tale, but I digress at yours within that wooden
Home, and how you are home, where no tempest shall uproot you
So long as there is an Eternity for you and me to spare.

Road to Nowhere - Sao Paulo, Brazil

Road to Nowhere tunnel - Bryson City, NC, USA

No comments:

Post a Comment