Sunday, March 2, 2014

Orion's Sky


Orion's Sky
Written by Jonathan Henderson
Friday February 28, 2014 @ 5:26 AM

Ode to a life less ordinary to you of me,
Of how I once was young and spry, so I
Called you so foolishly, and now I'm so
Old at heart, thirty-two scores far away,
Love never came, but I never knew "if"
She was slipping through the cracks, or
I was blind to see, blind that you and I
Should've coasted North to Orion's sky.

Shall I seek the mountaintops to scale
For you and I to fail, but ever so epic,
How I am to say what pain is, just to
Awaken to another sigh? 'Tis do or die!
How our lives are touched, we'll define
How the world sees light and our hope
Is Divine! How our love cuts through
The murky catacombs of blind grottos
As we sail in our gondola, the Venetian
Tales of old, our Italian meals with ice,
Our lives played instrumentally to an
Accordion's choir of a box so squeezed,
The canals flowing us along all of those
Hundreds, thousands, so many strong,
No forks in the road, for every path is
Paved with the gentle streams of ours.

No comments:

Post a Comment