Saturday, April 19, 2014

Springtime in the Southland

Springtime in the Southland
Written by Jonathan Henderson
Thursday March 20, 2014 @ 9:33 AM

Springtime breezes exalt me higher upon
The green grasses blue reach to tickle my
Ankles en route to my soul, and how the
Cold winter deprived me whole, and I'll
Sing the song the hummingbirds in love
Heralding the end of a blizzard only long
In brevity, never to deny my love for you. 

Shall we see sing of the rise of springtime 
In my Southland, and how the seasons sing 
To a fiddle amid mountain terrains? Shall
I serenade my sweet baby upon the rise of
The first warm sun with the kiss of a rose
As such a lovely incantation amid my old
Scots-Irish clansman charm and the wiles?
May I sing to you, s'il vous plait? J'taime,
Ma chere, to thyself and me be true...

Well the eagles fly around my beloved Smoky
Mountains high, the lone Olympus to my cold
Heart of mine bitten with Jack Frost's chilled
Nip at the toes, and how it aroused thy spirit
To subvert the icicle chandeliers' descent far
Beneath the abyss winter dug below the old
Marianas well, and the sun sold to her my old
Tales of brave Odysseus assailing a ten year's
Fortnight, but the nightingale will croon upon
The lark of a new tomorrow germinated from
My amorous incantation to a sweet sunrise of
Me with you at my side.

No comments:

Post a Comment