Saturday, April 19, 2014

To You, My Liege, I Pledge My Undying Affection

To You, My Liege, I Pledge My Undying Affection
Written by Jonathan Henderson
Tuesday April 15, 2014 @ 1:33 AM

To you, my liege, I pledge my undying affection 
Upon bequeathing thee my just flirtations, as it
Is the dawn of a new morn, merci, and my mind
Wanders upon the rooster's call to arms within
The warmth of your embraces so tight, you lay
Away my troublesome light-punished eyes upon
An otherwise ecliptic sunrise, a bloody moon to
Always persist past the day shy of her April ides,
For the taxman has cometh, as sure as we are to
Abide by the natural law to pass over the ancient
River Jordan - our penultimate voyage unto our
Destiny's destination as we cry for our unbridled
Song to sing by me to thee and to me of thee, the
Sweetest melody to end our days, the requiem to
Inform to all of God's children that in death still
Our story shall never reach a sad last page, as it is
A tale of a finite love unrequited only in how we
Are to never succeed to acquire a capacity simply
To adequately communicate our love from thy
Hearts to thee, the smile welcoming always thy
Broken half home from the remnants of hours so
Long past, they're too excruciating to again suffer
Further indignations of a time we are bereft of
Our souls' presence, for you are my heart's desire
Traversing down the Appian Way to our newly-
Acquired Pax Romani, 1,000 years of peace, only
To die another undetermined day as we're to be
Betrothed to one second shy of an Eternity blessed
With infinite others obscene only in our show of
An unbridled song Pachelbel's Canon - Handel sees 
Fit to resolve our Auria to cry we not ever again of
Tears rejecting our faith in His design for us, but
Rather sing of our song as we chime to our seeds
For future progeny to join our peace hand-in-hand.

No comments:

Post a Comment