Wednesday, January 22, 2014

Slaves

Slaves 
Written by Jonathan Henderson
January 22, 2014 @ 12:06 AM

I got my sickle, got my hammer -
Oh God damn! How I know I am,
Now residing with all in a slammer
And the others don't give a damn.
Speakers here and speakers there,
And oh, God damn! Everywhere!
They consume every word heard,
And if the head of one single bird
Should peak out, it'll be shot dead:
Oh! How we've all been so "led"!

Equality? Liberty? Fraternity? Nay!
I say "nay" to they amid their lies,
"Truths" told amid a fishbowl, I say,
And the bull hockey it always defies!
Pass along the whip, s'il vous plait,
We'll all work for The Man, you see?
If one and one are three, they say,
The onus shall be upon we to agree!

Still a-pounding away upon the rail,
The steel for the tanks for "peace"
As the Legion seeks to drive, to sail
And negotiate abroad a new "lease":
The Legion's iron fist with its "word"
And slaves begat or put to its sword.


No comments:

Post a Comment