Friday, January 31, 2014

My Final Nightmare


My Final Nightmare
Written by Jonathan Henderson
January 31, 2014 @ 8:59 PM

Daytime sight is always frightening to me,
Like the nip of Winter's sickle killing us all.
I prayed to God for a reprieve for a second,
But He didn't respond, stating this and that.
I pray upon night fall's ambivalent eyesight
In darkening mine for day's bleakest hours.
My dreams, come what may, speak to me,
And if I'm executed in accord to the Huns,
I'll greet my fate, have a Coke and a smile.

Oh, I ask to anyone who'll hear of my plight
When my last nightmare shall commence?
What I dream by twilight to my darkest day
Will never fail me as will my awakened hours.
They say sleep upon the bed of one's choice
Will always trump the one six-feet beneath,
And I wonder and wander sans any direction
As I seek to grasp the Gestapo's announcing
To one and all for my requiem bleed me dry.
I wish for those few who love me do to allow
The days go by without a hitch nor any cries.
If it's meant for me to cross over River Jordan,
The Lord will have called my journey complete.









No comments:

Post a Comment