Friday, January 24, 2014

'Tis Liberty That I Have Lost

'Tis Liberty That I Have Lost
Written by Jonathan Henderson
January 24, 2014 @ 7:44 PM

'Tis liberty that I've lost, my friends,
And I weep till the day rises dawned,
And when my love's majesty's sends,
I'll listen to her whispers and respond.
But if I never see a newly-risen sun,
I shall forever mourn the loss of her,
And the life betrothed to each as One,
Descending satanic fiery Hell's cœur.

What of the fair maiden, I must ask?
Will her soul live for yet another day?
I wail, reaching for my gin-filled flask,
I have nothing more to speak nor say.
And if I play a tune on my piano grand,
Shall I serenade of my blue, torn heart?
Shall music of my soul be my last stand
As once and finally my soul tears apart?

What says you, old comrades-in-arms?
What would you do upon Fate's Spite?
Should I sell my soul although it harms
Twilight's last descent into Good Night?
The pain! The pain! That which lingers!
I cannot fathom anymore days to spare,
I'll pen my requiem for His Holy Singers,
And now to my leap of faith! Sans a care

No comments:

Post a Comment