Sunday, February 9, 2014

A Hoax of a Life I Once Knew Well


A Hoax of the Life I Once Knew Well
Written by Jonathan Henderson
Sunday February 9, 2013 @ 2:14 AM

Nine o' clock post meridian, the day is young.
Darkest of day, the light switch flipped off, and
I pray for sleep through the sunrise's blinding
Bright opaque reminder I am just a damn fool
The sleep shall commiserate in my bienvienue
As the night has dawned and I continued day
I wish never again to awaken to another gray.

Shall I seek a fortune of despair each new day
When the night never ends, a cold brisk wind
Seems to chill this burnt flesh and bone lying
In state, a corpse just breathing his lifetime's
Seeming departure from the grotesque reality
For that is what the people say, but I'll depart
You, a hoax of the life I once knew oh so well.

Break away, my soul, it'll inculcate the rainy
Every morning, but I steer clear of the storm
Always along the horizon, always brightened
Amid the sun dancing at the moonlight's ball.
Rupture my heart, for he'll never feel the knife
Assisting my soul crying out, but he'll die instead
When the wind blows his chill, killing my hope.












No comments:

Post a Comment