Friday, February 14, 2014

My Heart is as the Snow

My Heart is as the Snow
Written by Jonathan Henderson
Friday February 14, 2014 @ 1:25 AM

She fell from the heavens a fleet of angels,
The wings fluttering, so different, but real,
And I, but her fool, and I do love her true!
As I suited in my coat and pressed forward.
Love dictates all by which we're to awaken
To a truth so relative, and yet we're to sin
Should we plan to flourish and cycle again
We must post haste, if we're to do it again,
As Cupid's arrow'll penetrate till we bleed.

She whispers within my ear a sonnet a-wet
Exquisite, transcendent of a flesh to bone.
I read her my Longfellow as she, Dickinson,
And I, as if the latter, a droll soul now free!
A harp's sonnet harmonizes my pen's lyrics
As she danced to the molasses of my cantos 
The fire amid the ice never was to be more 
Spectacular upon the night till a day cometh
By where that wonderland did die upon her
Hearth, once lit, and to my pain, let me die.

Once upon a season's dreary, when a snow
Fell and I felt teary, the eyes said my life'll
Never feel the breath of her whited cloud's
Breeze, as she loved me once, then so twice,
Till a third was charmed, but Solis claimed,
And claimed she escaped so due to my soul.
Let it bleed, I bid of thee! Let a leech drink!
I've no more reason why I should palpitate
If she is to be shackled amid the gulag of he,
The maggot I detest nigh docks of Hell's bay.
Grief non compos mentis and as I'm never to
See her again, as my heart is as cold as snow.



No comments:

Post a Comment