Sunday, February 2, 2014

Les Étoiles

Les Étoiles
Written by Jonathan Henderson
February 2, 2014 @ 7:02

Sailing down the stream of the Seine of mind,
Just you and I, the cheese and bottle of wine.
The accordions sing to we lovers of our find,
Dining as the river's reflecting you are mine.
Les étoiles, beneath the moonlit goddesses of
The night, and oh, I see you still singing of love
Upon this night, with the sun setting to twilight,
I slip to you a kiss and sigh - 'tis our lullaby.

A little wine? Cheese? Escargot, s'il vous plait?
The sky's the limit inside the Paris of our mind.
A little bread, you say? Oui! Carry on our way!
The Champs-Elysees while we dance, and dance
Beneath les étoiles prior our saunter down le rue,
And upon our arrival at le château de l'esprit, oui,
I'll play a tune of Bourbon court du clavecin, and
Oui! Oui! Oui! Oui! Mon amour! Tout le monde...
Oh well, I'll always have les étoiles for my song.

No comments:

Post a Comment