Monday, October 7, 2013

Back in the Day

Back in the Day      March 26, 2006 (Revised October 7, 2013)
Far have I sojourn'd
Just to see Old Glory
And a few of her stars
Upon the grand old flag.
O'! How I once tried,
I was a scant twenty then,
Yet I could not maintain
Sanity's desired grip.
To my pleasure, tho'
'Tis all full-circle:
A full one-eighty,
And I demonostrated
To Sisyphus
Just how it is done.

Way back when
I could not walk lines,
I was stuck in limbo,
The subject of Freudian desserts.
I was so alone
And had not a soul amid,
Yet, God watched me,
Holding my tremoring hands.
I shed many tears,
Tho' because I can,
For when I see misery
I weep for some time
In memoriam to my horror.
'Twas that time in my life
When I would lock myself away,
Throwing away the key,
And die daily in thy dungeon.

Yet God would not allow
For me to die each day,
He refused to see me
Freely wither away.
He nurtured my soul
Till He drowned my tears,
Till my sorrows were gone.
Tho' I shall never be perfect
For I am touched in thy head,
'Tis all finally full circle,
And the past is so clear.
Through the rear view mirror
My beloved set aside,
I shall never forget the lanterns:
Those guiding lights.

No comments:

Post a Comment