Tuesday, October 15, 2013

Hades' Descent

 Hades' Descent               March 2, 2007 (Revised October 15, 2013)
If only the fair Judge and Juror were so kind,
Both shall remove me from the daily grind.
Allow me to abscond from this life, si vous plait?
Allow me to sail the blue skies to a level greater
Than this pestilence o' the heart:
'Tis Hades' descent, and I shall wail.
If only I could rub the lamp,
Perhaps my life shan't be so sad;
I might not feel as if a hell bound heathen,
Tho' it might be a slight more arousing.
I may laugh, tho', if nothing else
Than be expos'd to a mirth-fill'd world.
'Tis Hades' descent; 'tis all I know,
And forevermore shall I fall from Grace.
O' Cry for me a river, for I cannot!
I can see no life for me; no posterity,
And people cackle whilst you bow, cry,
And God only knows when you shall die.
In materialism, I may be but a gray spittoon:
Wanton of even the rich essence of brass.
Hades' descent; 'tis the Golden Rule.
I shall forever sip 'pon my flask.
Weeping willows during a storm.
I cannot seem to shirk the images
Of a place bereft of a trail to run, to hide.
'Tis a fait accompli; I shall accept Fate:
A pitchfork stabbing me in the heart, whilst
The blood pours into the Grecian Urn:
'Tis Hades' descent, 'tis all, yet no more.




No comments:

Post a Comment