Friday, October 11, 2013

The Man Shall Forever Want More

The Man Shall Forever Want More         November 22, 2006 (Revised October 11, 2013)
Always am I spectat'd with a microscope's scorn,
Tho' 'tis never enough, for The Man always wants more.
I cut open a vein to bleed a little sympathy for mindful peace,
And tho' the pipeline runs dry post being tapped, alas, I doth cease;
'Tis still not enough for The Man: He shall forever want more.
When I was young, still alive, and my body could jive,
The Man's eye follow'd me North, South, East, West, to five,
And at his behest, I would do a cart wheel, a break dance or two;
The more I swoon'd, the more I would hear him crow, in lieu,
For 'tis still not enough for The Man: He shall forever want more.
Well one night, I escap'd the cell of my heartbreak hotel
Amid a night sky that shin'd upon me The Light, and well
I remember the kid always wearing the dunce cap in school;
For t'was me, you see? I was naughty in my day.
Pin the tail on the donkey, let him cackle at Ol' Scratch by day,
Send me to Hell, foregoing the Pearly Gates decries
Because St. Peter was disgust'd 'pon my sight for sore eyes;
And yet 'tis still not enough for Him, my friends,
He shall always demand more to meet his ends.


No comments:

Post a Comment