Sunday, October 6, 2013

Sailing into No Man's Land

Sailing into No Man's Land             July 25, 2006 (Revised October 6, 2013)
As I teeter along blithe
Across the old wooden ship,
I sail along to a beat and a skip,
Looking forward to my posterity;
One so illuminated? I dare not ask!
I never thought the time would arrive
When I would listen to the beat of a drum;
Yet, they roll, and we are amid
A sea of waves, a jungle so droll.

I shall sail high along the River Styx,
Never to assume I shall rise to Heaven's shores.
Somewhere amid No Man's gale winds,
There shall be no place, degree nor rapport
Of my being near a port of call
Where my identity resides
And I am not Fallen:

O' Lord, will you not guide my sails?
I never cease to be amazed
How life traverses along a merrily way,
Whistling a tune the Sirens fancy
Along the path to the kraken's lair.
I thought of love between a princess and prince,
Whether Life would be so kind
And allow me a piece of royal pie;
If only it would provide affectionate care:
A helping hand, si vous plait,
Lest I am never to know of her make!


No comments:

Post a Comment