Sunday, October 6, 2013

The Tell-Tale Kiss

The Tell-Tale Kiss            April 11, 2006 (Revised October 6, 2013)
As thy famish'd eyes cross'd paths with yours,
Your pupils claim'd dominion o'er mine,
Rendering me desirous if your ardor is true
As we overlook the Gulf and her sea of blue.
That stated, I hurried into a timid saunter
Seeking the revelation of my heart's 
true content,
And as I inquired of your benevolence:
"Shall we dance post a tell-tale kiss?"
You obliged, and to thy heart's delight,
It skipped beats follow'd by a stroll into night.

Rockets may sail across heavenly stars
As our destination was the namesake of The Raven:
Disseminating to the cosmos our newly-borne wisdom;
Our love song, an opus in harmonious unison.
To all extraterrestrials seeking a better life than now:
Follow our ardors, the most human, yet divine!

From our tell-tale kiss, we exit'd Stage Right
For amorous delights along Galveston's docks,
Whistling Otis Redding and fantasizing our ship
As it sail'd the starry skies under Aphrodite's guide.
I once read love differs from the Day's Dying Light,
And I told my muse the sun shall never set upon our love.
Finally we locked lips, so moist and yet right,
As I have found the yellow rose of Texas on this night.




No comments:

Post a Comment