Tuesday, October 15, 2013

To Gamble with Love or Lose to Ignorance

To Gamble with Love or Lose to Ignorance     November 2, 2008 (Revised October 15, 2013)
Our world is Love; 'tis so curious;
Bound in mystique, intrigue; cloak'd by Night,
And had it proclaim'd to the woman
His everlasting love; the ardor for her he felt,
The earth might have quak'd 'pon a seismic order.
I see a women, beautiful, imbibing;
Wander along, philosophizing Existentially;
To think, tho' had I discover'd her rarity,
I might have seen Sunshine in the Nocturnal sky
'Fore I sojourn'd for the Light; to sing the blues.
For I am a creature consum'd by Curiousity;
A cat on two legs; sans the fur and purr;
For I am a man simply searching for Truth:
Could she love me? Will she ever care?
Or does she spare Thought 'pon a man as I?
A Voice spake for me to be brave;
To approach her in inquiry; to sing; carpe diem;
For It claim'd I shall never have reveal'd
What I do not ask nor choose to gamble.
Upon my walk to the lady's table; her drinking,
I consider'd carefully my diction, syntax:
For I am willing to risk and fail at Love
As oppos'd to Love and ne'er have reveal'd.

'Tis time to fly amid my wing'd friends:
Till Tomorrow, when Hope springs Love Eternal!



No comments:

Post a Comment