Sunday, August 18, 2013

Chasing the Next Dream

Chasing the Next Dream                                       March 22, 2006

The night passed me by in solitude,
Leaving me with another desire
To ponder through.
People often ask me
What I find so desirous,
And I say, "It's just a thing called love."
But when you look at love
And wonder what it is made of,
Sweet things come to mind,
And with that being said,
I'll begin chasing the next dream,
And that'll make me pacified.

It seems the spectre is so much more
Than some tall blond, long-legged Sally.
It seems the lady, as a matter of fact,
Has no real face at all,
And yet, she's the beacon for beauty
This soul has always sought,
Whose light has seared a lasting mark
Like the branding of cattle.
I am hers, and she has a burning hold
That simply won't let go.
I may hold her once I reach the horizon,
But I had better do so before the sunrise,
Or the breath of night shall cease
And I'll be chasing the next dream.

Well, chasing dreams
Seems to be what I do best,
Or so I've been told by friends.
That's all good until the lack of a harvest
Born from a lack of fruition.
Each and everyday is a gamble,
The roll of the dice tells if you win or lose,
And yet still, I yearn for love and the thrill
I get when I close out the sun.

No comments:

Post a Comment