Wednesday, August 28, 2013

La Dama de Cartagena

La Dama de Cartagena                                           August 28, 2013

She has the heart and the pen of a poet,
God's Grace coursing through her veins.
She sees the beauty in me others do not,
Or so it seems, and she says it be.
La dama de Cartagena, may she never falter
Upon her path to happiness,
But I'm just a soul some 1,800 miles from her home,
And I fear I have no wings to fly South.

Your love is truly written
In the poetry of your words
And of your letters, so tender, yet sad.
Because they never shall be realized as two lovers should,
Let the Wall of Jericho crash!
Like a song poorly written,
It was said two souls will never know
The embrace of one in the arms of the other.
Let our tears commence to cascade!
Let our coupled flood waters thrash!
Let our collective miseries tear our souls asunder!

My darling lady, o' sweet coffee bean of mine,
Let there be a prayer in the sky.
If I knew I had the money, I'd soon be there,
And we'd sail on through the clouds.
I would sail to you through the Panama Canal
Just so I can deliver a bouquet for you.
Let there be light at the end, my Lord,
For the ties that bind must never be denied!

And so I shall drink to my pity this night,
A night of love deluged in sheer despair,
Of the moans for my lover on the opposite of the bed,
And oh! She is not there to comfort my tortured heart!
Her benevolence, a token of God's good nature,
Her sighs of ecstasy I seem to note a phantasm 
Rather than the mist of her warm breath upon my neck.
Let there be a light to shine down upon us, Fair Lord!
Let the Wall of Jericho crash,
But our love for each other furl as a dervish!







No comments:

Post a Comment