Monday, August 26, 2013

I Long for Things (Which Make Me Sad)

I Long for Things (Which Make Me Sad)                               February 12, 2006

I long for the love of a woman so fair
Who'll love me and won't demand tokens,
Who'll take me for who and what I am,
And won't insist on a pound of flesh.
I long for things I've always desired,
Have always wanted, but can never have.
I long for things which, frankly, make me sad.

I cry all the time over the love I crave,
Yet, that gets me nowhere, nowhere fast.
Women unintentionally are condescending toward me,
But then again, I am mentally clouded with inadequacy.
Some people tell me I haven't given love a chance,
Yet still, I long for things I've always wanted,
But because of my disposition, will never have.
I long for things which really make me sad.

I walk along the beaten path everyday
Pondering over this quandary I'm in.
I kick this pebble I happen to see
Again and again and again.
I must be taking my aggressions out on God,
For after all, my resolve is paper thin.
I long for things I've always wanted,
But will never have because I never properly pursue.
Thus, I long for things that will perpetually make me sad.

No comments:

Post a Comment