Sunday, August 18, 2013

Through the Pleasures and the Pain

Through the Pleasures and the Pain                                March 5, 2006

When you left me, did you know
You took a hunk of bark off of me?
You see, people are more like trees
Then you'll ever realize.
We grow, and it certainly shows
More so everyday.
This is true, according to George,
Through the pleasures and the pain.

How could it happen?
What did I ever do to you
To cause you to abscond
After the many seasonal winds
We spent together?
I can't believe it's true
That you and I are through,
And now I, no, we must age apart
Through the pleasures and the pain.

This is sheer madness,
Absurdity at its peak.
An act of Lucifer's trickery,
Or so the Puritans would say.
Something is definitely wrong here,
For God, I think it's the opposite of right.
Nothing should ever cover up
Love's gracious light.

I remember the days
When we'd inhale the mountain air.
We'd take a stroll across the mountainous path
I used to refer to as Lover's Lane,
But that was when we were so young,
Two lovers dancing in the clouds,
And now, look at us,
We've been totally torn asunder.
We went through a lot together
Through the pleasures and the pain,
But apparently, the latter won you over,
Plaguing me with sorrow everyday.

No comments:

Post a Comment