Sunday, August 18, 2013

Long-Legged Woman

Long-Legged Woman                                  March 1, 2006

I see that long-legged woman.
She's so pretty and fair.
I've often wondered what God looks like,
And I now think I know for sure.
He looks like this goddess,
So beautiful, so serene in kind.
O', how I long for her affections
Because after one look, I've fallen.

I'm just a wavering fool, writing his poetry
About what he sees in terms of humanity.
I consider myself a fair judge of life,
It's aesthetics, which speak to my heart.
I'm going to tell you about this lady,
This long-legged woman, longer than life,
The most beautiful that I have ever seen
In all of God's acts of creation.

The winds of opportunity blow through her hair,
And I just wonder how I'll fare.
Love has gone to such great links,
From Cleopatra and Marc Antony to Romeo and Juliet.
What do you suppose will happen to me
If and when I decide to confront the beauty?
I don't know, but you can rest assured,
I'll learn something soon about this long-legged woman.

No comments:

Post a Comment