Thursday, August 15, 2013

In the Middle of No Man's Land

In the Middle of No Man's Land                                July 25, 2006

Teeter-tottering on a ship,
I sail along to a beat and skip,
Looking forward to a future,
Though bright, I'm not sure.
I never thought the time would come
When I would hear the sound of the drum,
But now they roll,
And things seem to be more droll.

I'm sailing down the river north of Perdition,
Though I never assume that I'm all the close to Heaven.
Somewhere, I'm stuck in the middle of No Man's Land.
This is a place of no degree or rapport
Of being near the port of identity.
Oh Lordy, won't you reach out and guide my sails?

I never cease to be amazed
How life goes on about its merry way,
Whistling a tune only the Sirens comprehend.
 I thought of a love for me that would be fair
If only life would lend me its finite care:
A helping hand, for if not, I shan't know her make.

No comments:

Post a Comment