Sunday, August 18, 2013

Driving Daggers Into My Heart

Driving Daggers Into My Heart                                  April 25, 2006

It's a pain my co patriots can't see,
And yet it's a pain that remains unhidden from me.
All I can do now is try to steady the ship
And cross the straits as a once proud clipper should.
They don't believe the feeling.
They don't see it has its strengths.
They don't comprehend the fight I'm constantly in.
The Holy Witness either fails to see or does not care
That my spirit is living its life and is slowly dying.

It's hidden in my heart, and my heart is filled with daggers,
Digging away, tearing up flesh, mutilating my spirits.
Despite it all, people like you still are looking for more,
Demanding more from me when I simply can't give.
They say look to God when you are suffering,
That every reason originates from his Golden Touch.
Well, I say this, because I don't comprehend,
And that's, "Why do you see fit
To drive daggers into my heart?"

I have never felt any love in my life before.
That void has solely been filled with pain.
Screaming banshees of some demonic presence
Demand a piece of me I feel I cannot spare.
They want for it, so they've managed
To grab a hold of my heart,
And to try and kill it, they're shoving it full of daggers,
And they're winning, I have to say.
They're stealing the part of me which would love
And are leaving me with swells of tears.

They're driving daggers into my heart,
And I shall only continue to bleed.

No comments:

Post a Comment