Saturday, August 17, 2013

O' Cherie! (How You Broke My Heart)

O' Cherie! (How You Broke My Heart)                              May 8, 2006

I thought you loved me so
As I love you.
I thought that you really loved me true,
But I was wrong.
O' yes, how I was wrong.
You said that you'd always be there for me,
That I'd never be alone, in fact,
But you lied to me, Cherie.
Lord, how you broke my heart,
And now I'm crying like a big, fat baby.
I did my best to remain loyal to you.
O', my dear Cherie, how you've killed my soul!

I was a loyal man to you.
I was loyal, what I wouldn't do to please you,
And I only hope you know that truth.
Apparently, you know nothing of the such,
How to be loved and to reciprocate that love
I had to give for you.
O" Cherie, how you lied to me,
Ripped it apart and shredded it into tatters.
Lord, Cherie, how you broke my heart!

I don't really know what to do
Except to cast you off, bid you adieu,
The girl that I found to be the most fair of all.
I find myself sitting down and reflecting,
Writing a few lyrics, tired, weak and weary,
Lacking in love, yet ready to give all I've got.
O' Cherie, the pain is too great,
This pestilence I must forever endure
Like a cattle brand on the rear
Telling the world of my loss,
And having to pay an immeasurable cost.
Cherie, o' how you lied to me,
Torn me up, and let me fly into a tornadic wind.
O' Cherie, o' how you broke my heart.

No comments:

Post a Comment