Friday, August 16, 2013

Walk That Fine Line

Walk That Fine Line                                                    August 20, 2006

Some say I'm a looker, needn't worry about a thing,
But I never see stuff that way, so it seems.
I walk a lonely path down the foggy road yonder
Till I come to a bridge leading one over water.
Need I cross that way today?
Need I send this horse and carriage over the River Blue?
If you ask my shrink, he'll say, "Yes sirree,
Because ships are made to sail out to sea."

I'm a shy ol' boy, but I have a yearning
For a little love in my pocket and a time on the town.
All I wanna do is say to a pretty lil' froulein,
"I love you so," and make her all mine,
But I haven't the magic to make it work.
I know what I gotta do, make a better effort,
For my ship might be safe at harbor,
But it ain't what it was built for.

I want her to be sweet.
I want her there to be pleased.
I want her to be my woman.
I want her there to suit me.
But I'm going to have to walk that fine line,
Tip-toe on a balance beam.
I'm going to have run through raging infernos
If I am to prove myself worthy of her.

No comments:

Post a Comment