Sunday, August 11, 2013

Just Another Heart Breaker Day in the Hundred Acre Wood

Just Another Heart Breaker Day in the Hundred Acre Wood                          August 29, 2006

It's another heart breaker day in the Hundred Acre Wood,
And baby, I don't know if I can get by without you.
Sad to say, it's a pain oft found my way
Without you, my dear, loving me.
Without you, my dear, I'm just some Cajun named Boudreaux,
And that's all, dear.  That is all.

Lassez bon temps rouler, so they say here on the Delta,
But I just never know what to do
Without you, my chere.  Without you.
I can't conceive of a world without you loving me,
And I don't wanna know or find out how it is,
For without you, baby, I'm just some face away from the parade.
I'm just a dull, dull boy, and that's all.  That is all.

Tears are trickling down my cheek.
Skin so soft, it now bristles with every heartbeat.
I never knew what love was before,
For I only lusted, a sin, yeah, but I knew no better.
Without you, my baby Rouge, I can't sleep nor eat.
I can't live without you, and I don't think I wanna know how.
Without you, sweet Rouge, I can't be complete.

I can't live without you, my baby Rouge.
I thought what we had was special.  One for the ages.
What did I say?  What did I do to displease you?
Baby, come on back, just come on back to me.
I never have felt so much pain in my heart, so sharp.
I can't bear to go on living without you and just be miserable.
C'mon, sweet Rouge, just c'mon home.
C'mon on home to the cabin, to the warm fire and hound dog.
C'mon, Rouge, for without you, it's just another heart-breaker day
In the Hundred Acre Wood.

No comments:

Post a Comment