Sunday, August 18, 2013

Jet Setter

Jet Setter                               March 11, 2006

I was born
With luggage in my hands,
Keys in my pocket,
Staring at the sun with shades.
Yes, it's my destiny
To see the world abroad,
For this sleepy Southern town
Doesn't have enough
To contain my rabid heart.

I'm a jet setter,
And I sail the high seas,
Rolling with the waves
For new ports of call.
I'm a jet setter,
Just coasting through the sky,
Looking for those angels
Above the Himalayan high.
I'm a jet setter,
'Tis what I am,
And I'm a jetsetter
With an endless wanderlust.

I've been stuck here
Since I know not when,
Souring, watering down
Beneath Heaven's sun.
Everytime I see
A plane or train go by,
I just want to hop aboard
For a little trip to Shanghai.

I want to touch
The seven continents
During my days on God's green Earth.
I want to see the cradles of mankind
Before the day that I croak.
I want to feel the electricity
Of some big city nights.
I want to experience these things,
Such simple little things,
For I am a jet setter man,
For it's my destiny.

No comments:

Post a Comment