Sunday, August 11, 2013

Peace Poem

Peace Poem                                                  January 9, 2001

In retrospect, we see our lives are like dust from the sun,
Floating along, no direction, no sign of pain or despair.
Let us all come together and admit we are particles,
The kind that just float around, no real reason to care.
If the dust from the sun enjoys such peace and harmony,
Floating with such peace of being, why can we not?
Shall we come to terms with our inner demons?
Can we become one with the light of the sun which gives life?
The answer, my child, is a definitive and resounding "yes."
Yes, the sun spreads it's light generously, graciously,
And if you are willing to breathe and absorb its charities,
If you will close your eyes to the darkness of the dismal night,
You, my child, may achieve peace of mind, the sun's light.
So welcome the sun.  May it give you love and peace on Earth.

Give me love, give me peace on this Earth,
Just like those particles from the sun.
The sun shines its life and gives me warmth.
Peace and love is warmth, the sun is my guide,
So let the sun shine on me its life and body.
The sun is my god.  My god is love.
Its light shines upon me, gets me away from the night.
Its warmth grows on me, encircles my aura.
My aura needs no answer, all is shined upon.
Good gives our blue cusps its yellow resolve,
And takes us home to our wide-upon cosmos.
Let your love shine peace, break through the microcosm.
Live life with freedom.  Let yourself blossom.
Live and let live.  The sun gives peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment