Sunday, August 11, 2013

The Gamble

The Gamble                                               November 2, 2006

Love.  It's a curious thing.
Bound in mystique and intrigue, cloaked by night,
And if I had to say to a woman,
"God, how I'm in love with you,"
I think the earth would just shake, rattle and roll.

I see a beautiful woman drinking her tonic,
And I wander on over, questioning her for truth.
I think I had to discover what she has that's unlike any other
Before I set out for the sunshine or sing the blues.

I'm a creature full of questions and wonder.
I'm a man simply searching for some truth.
Could she love me?  Would she like to give a little care?
Or does she even really give a damn?

A voice says to me, "Boy, you'd better mosey on over,
Just gear on up, face the music, just seize the day,
For you would surely know what would come if you didn't take a gamble.
A man will lose every time he doesn't place a bet."

And I mosied on over to the lady's table,
And I thought over carefully what I had to say,
But I'm willing to take the risk to fail at love
As opposed to love and then fail.
Time to see what the dealer handed me

No comments:

Post a Comment