Sunday, August 11, 2013

Torn to Pieces

Torn to Pieces                                      September 18, 2006

I step to the side
Because you told me to get outta your life.
I don't know why
You insist there's nothing there that didn't die.
I love you, May, my May, my lady,
So much so, it hurts, too much.
My heart aches, and it hurts me so much.

Oh May, my May, my lady May,
You've got me torn to pieces,
Torn to my heart's discontent.
I can't hide this feeling inside,
And I think I'm gonna cry all night long tonight.
You've got me torn to pieces, May,
Lady May, my May, my May.

You've got me torn to pieces, my chere,
And I just can't take it anymore.
I've gotta stand up and do what's right
Because I just can't take this lying down.
May, my May, my lady May,
You spoke to my soul with your harp-strung voice,
And just because of that,
I can't just stop lovin' you anymore.

Women sure are a mystery to me.
I once thought I had her figured out.
She said I took her for granted, and man,
I didn't know I had ever done so much,
Or as she said, I'd actually done her so little at all.
May, my May, my lady May,
I don't feel so smooth tonight, my girl.
Just turn back the clock, show me that familiar smile.

No comments:

Post a Comment