Sunday, August 11, 2013

To My Darling Rebecca, with Love

To My Darling Rebecca, with Love                                August 11, 2013

In beauty, we only see
What our eyes make of thee,
But in your presence, I truly feel
If I must write a letter to seal
A revelation of my love to you,
One that is only true.
Let there be no night at the end
Without Love's gusting in the wind.

And if I were to die here tonight,
I would dream of sweet tidings, with you in sight,
Yet, never do I fear of the dark at the end,
For even in death, there will always be the wind.
And if I sigh with you right here,
Would you, pray tell, make things so clear?

Never fear, never more, may you be my guide,
From now unto Eternity, past the day I died.
Let there never be a day when the flowers did not bloom,
For spring is always sprung; with you, there is no gloom.
I long to see you when the day comes night,
For no other time ever feels quite right.

To my darling, Rebecca, this is for you.
I know it seems as if I am aloof,
Yet, I defy those naysayers, those defiant of love
When The Lord hath spoken, sending His Angels Above.
Never let live, nor let die.
Let the Wall of Jericho tumble, but our love simply fly.

No comments:

Post a Comment