Sunday, August 11, 2013

More

More                                               November 28, 2006

Looked upon with a microscope,
'Tis never enough, they want more.
I cut myself open at the vein,
And let the pipeline bleed on dry.
But still, that ain't enough, oh no sirree,
It ain't enough, they want more, you see.

I try to rustle up a herd
Of the biggest cattle I could find.
Brand them a check mark bearing the USDA's name,
But I think it's my hide they want, softer, ain't leather.
Maybe to engrave their initials, you say?
Perhaps, so they can hold dominion over me.

I try to sneak by the highway at night,
Can't teach them another way.
I remember the kid in the dunce cap,
For that kid was always me.
Pin the tail on the donkey,
And I'll "hee-haw" all the way.
Send me to the gates of hell
Because you might see it better that way,
But I know in my heart how it will be,
Because whatever I do, you'll want more.

Descriptive of the writer,
Never fear, for they want more.
He can write them an epic
And it would do him no favors.
Glory be the word if
He could sell his work for a plenty,
But satisfied are not the critics of his.
They forever want more.

No comments:

Post a Comment