Sunday, August 11, 2013

Only a Feeling

Only a Feeling                                                  November 22, 2006

Another second towards dropping on the floor,
Clocking out, for the day is done.  No more!
I feined a few punches, took a couple of knocks.
I ignore the pain,
Only a feeling, nothing more.

A seedy chap casts doubts on me,
Pans me as a man with ice in his veins.
I'm the pinata taking a severe beating.
The seedy one, blindfolded, still sees though the darkness,
Standing there, swinging that Louisville Slugger, inflicting pain,
But it's only a feeling, nothing more.

If I cut my arm just to watch myself bleed,
The pain is identified by the knife that did the deed.
If I fell in love and she turned her back on me,
It would only be another lost second in the course of time.
It would all be a part of another lost day,
Just another punch on the perpetuating time card of nihilism.
Whether it be for good or for wrought,
I just ignore the precedings,
'Tis only a feeling, and nothing more.

No comments:

Post a Comment