Sunday, August 11, 2013

La-La Land

La-La Land                                                 December 16, 2006

Time to get away from this winter land,
To a place where the sun never sets and the palm trees roam.
I never thought I'd see such timeless beauty
'Til Glory comes calling and the children are getting old.

Some people call this "La-La Land,"
Though it's not a place of fantasy,
Just an exquisite place so grand
That simply tickles my very fancy.
If I need proof to tell me why
This is simply Heaven below The Lord's chambers of the sky,
All I have to do is look towards the mountains,
And her name will be plastered for millions to see.

I'm sick and tired of bundling in coats,
Of canning corn and beans in a jar
When some places have it made
And the trees never die nor fade.
I have grown weary of that five o'clock pestilence,
That damn rooster and his ubiquitous crow.
Could it be time to coast across I-40
And ring those divas and action heroes of ol' Tinseltown?

I know it's time for me to go
When my wife's face is a skyline full of black moles,
My farm dies for months on end,
And I can't find joy fishing along the bend.
The Southland's a dainty and quiet ol' cuss,
But I've come to equate it more with the fuss.
It's time to go, the South's so far behind,
Because La-La Land's not like it in any kind.

No comments:

Post a Comment