Sunday, August 11, 2013

Woman

Woman                                              September 19, 2006

Woman, when I look back at you as I journey toward the hinterlands,
I look with amazement, amusement and wonderment.
They say that love at first sight is etched in our brains forever,
And I'm beginning to believe that these folks may just be right.
Women, when I see those tears stream down your cheeks,
It's almost too much for me to bear.
It gives me such a real bad scare
That I may never see you again.
Wouldn't that be a horrible thought that we wouldn't be together?

And woman, what if I decided to say, "To hell with it, I'm never goin' away?"
What if I were to say that I'm goin' to be here to stay with you?
Would that be so bad?
And woman, what if life weren't so gray, and the market never beckoned a call
From this hinterland to its own?
Wouldn't you be glad?  Won't you be glad?

That's what the world would be like in my perfect utopia.
I'd spend every second of each day with you,
Never letting go of the better half of my soul.
I never breathe a moment without you on my mind,
Never pass a "Stop" sign without your sweet love by my side.
If something were to happen to me in the wilderness,
Give me death, if that be the only peace without you.

Woman, I never want to let you go,
I never want to let you down
Without the knowledge that there is a greater power than us both.
We're in a holy tryst in accordance with God
For total devotion to His Word,
For if we listen to The Truth He Speaks,
We shall enjoy Everlasting Life, hand-in-hand.
For if we only revel in The Holy Spirit,
We shall feel His Passion together.

No comments:

Post a Comment