Sunday, August 11, 2013

Lies, Truth, and Peace


Lies, Truth, and Peace                                  October 31, 2008

All those pretty lies
Abscond towards
A sunnier spot on the horizon,
With false shades of fun.
All those ugly truths
Fly in the face
Of a reality hard to bear,
And no one seems to care.

Tell me lies,
I'll die a miserable man,
But tell me the truth
And I'll cry every time I can.
Tell me something
And no matter what,
It'll steal the show.

Is there ever avoidance?
Is there ever a simple life?
If there is,
I'll go crusade 
Till I find me some peace.
A lie means little
Other than a cheap thrill 
And no substance,
But truth just smacks my face,
Says, "Love ain't all, if you please."

Whatever, can't I ever find a lover
Who might show me the way?
I ask myself
For when I ask others,
They shrug and walk away.
They don't like to tell no lies,
And they dread to speak the truth,
And I don't know why they can't sigh
And just give me some peace?

No comments:

Post a Comment