Friday, August 9, 2013

Road of Dreams (Field of Dreams)

Road of Dreams (Field of Dreams)                         November 18, 2005

Gettin' into my car,
I take off on the road of dreams,
Goin' to the hacienda closest to Heaven.
Mountains a mile high,
Mists cloaking their summits,
All those, so different from where I come from.

I drive on up the highway,
Up the highway, that road of dreams.
I'm heading to that destination,
To that hacienda closest to Heaven,
To that field of dreams, o' Lord, that is so green.
This place, the field of dreams I describe,
Is a Mecca for we lovers of the game,
A religious experience I plan to experience
At least once in this lifetime, probably in the next, too.

River, rolling river, how've you been?
I see, Lord, how long has it been?
The fishes migrate to their destination as I do,
And like them, all I got to do
Is simply roll with the flow,
And avoid the disturbances along the way,
Disturbances which interrupt the force.

And the cities glow at night like lightning bugs.
People swarm around; you'd swear it's a hornet's nest.
I stop to enjoy the finest cuisines,
The finest wine, spirits, all that good stuff,
Then after dessert, it's back on the road of dreams for me.

Amber waves of grain ripple in the wind
Along a flat, rolling plain, prairie land,
Then, I see signs. I must be getting oh so close.
I can feel the powerful aura of the promised land.
The field of dreams seems to be calling me out by name.
Suddenly, I see it, that beautiful diamond in the rough green,
With grown men, young and veteran, passing balls,
And the road of dreams serves up the ultimate in thrills.

No comments:

Post a Comment