Sunday, August 11, 2013

Dreamer

Dreamer                                                             January 27, 2007

Duermo todos la dia longa.Just felt like speaking a bit of bad Spanish
For no particular reason at all.
I can see things so clearly
When I'm awake in my sleep.
I can see things so well,
Enough to question the validity of The Grail,
Enough to call "bullshit" when I see it,
But I am a dreamer, and thus liturgy's misfit.

'Tis rapture to speak of a day in time
When a dream doth fly as the time goes by,
When mothers smile, when children play
When we can grow old with our lover, pretty and gray.
Oh, I can see things so clearly now
In the unconscious state of an expanding mind.
The sun never sets and the rooster never crows
Because I can see things so well,
But I'm a dreamer, and thus in the holy roller's jail.

Could it be Siddhartha's world in which we live?
Are we to reach Nirvana's apex sans losing our grip?
Can we see The Light and let our spirits be free?
Will we be able to disagree and then again agree?
What is a world if not for its gods?
Would we sit down and ponder life's odds?
What if The Bible is at odds with us and is a manifestation?
Could we then simply be free to take a mental vacation?
Criticize me as you wish, that I've gained evil's demeanor,
But I'll simply grin and say that I am a dreamer.

Lovers set sail on the high blue seas.
Gods live on mountains and clouds way above the trees.
What is matter and is matter considered God?
What is the meaning and why is it so odd?
Why do I question what has been written on stone?
Am I just a sinner and therefore black to the bone?
Is Jesus the reason for the season and this and that?
What are the ramifications if I call the preacher on that?
Am I a heathen?  Am I a fool?
Or am I a dreamer and question The Golden Rule?

I seek a world where I am free,
No ties that bind, and I can fly with wings
Like doves in the heavens near the heavenly choir,
A god who serves me, who doesn't hold me by a wire.
If not for me, no deities could exist,
Yet I'm told I must live under one's iron fist.
Life's so far out, it's said that we're born into sin,
Despite all that I do to be good again and again.
Why alienate those who question truth?
Is it such a crime to love a sleuth?
Serve me well, for I keep thee alive,
For if not for this dreamer, you simply would not survive.

No comments:

Post a Comment