Thursday, August 8, 2013

All the Reasons Why I Can't Have You

All the Reasons Why I Can't Have You                       November 2, 2005

O', how beautiful you are,
How perfect for me you would be,
But it appears you're a shooting star
And simply aren't meant for me.

You, my fair lady, are gold,
Of a higher calling in life,
But that, my dear, is an old tale told
Since the beginning of human strife.
You are a mixer of elixirs for the ill,
And the pecuniary rewards are grand,
Precluding me from my life's greatest thrill,
And relegating me to the desert to wafe in the sand.

They say love knows no boundaries,
But I know that's not true.
There are many stories
Such as the one I have for you.
Take my love for you, woman,
A love so true, yet cruel.
What I feel is no more than a slogan,
Proving that I've been a fool.

I usually don't read Marx, but he might have a point,
For apparently one and one don't always add to two.
Oh well, whatever. You're just here to disappoint,
And I now know all the reasons why I can't have you.

No comments:

Post a Comment