Thursday, August 8, 2013

You're Not Some Old Song

You're Not Some Old Song                  November 3, 2005

Playing through my records,
Reminiscing of you.
Shedding a tear or two
All because I miss you so much.

O', I remember those times
When we used to kiss and stuff.
Lord, how precious they were,
And how I long for them all over again.
I regret my mistakes with you,
For they pushed you away from me.
I'm on my knees here, baby doll,
Just begging you to come back, you see.

You're not some old song, darling,
Because you really mean so much to me.
I never knew separation was such sweet sorrow.
I never thought we could ever be through.
Love is quite strange, that much is true,
For it stems straight from the heart.
You complete me, warm my soul,
And set my spirit free.

And as I told you before, my love,
You're not some old song I sing.
You're no lost relic inside a jukebox,
But a star who perpetually shines.
Sometimes, no often, you mistaken me
As something other than genuine,
But all I ask is that you give me the keys
And let me drive into your heart.

No comments:

Post a Comment