Thursday, August 8, 2013

Fall of 2002 (Dying of the Rose)

Fall of 2002 (Dying of the Rose)                  October 24, 2005

O', how our lives could have been so good,
And o', how they should have been.
You were the most the beautiful gal I ever did see,
But apparently, God thought you weren't meant for me,
And that's a shame, a crying shame indeed.
Behind every event, there's a whopper of a tale,
So let me tell you how you ran away north to Ohio.

You ran away north to Ohio
From your old place in Tennessee.
It seems only appropriate you'd go there,
For it's so very cold up in the American tundra;
I guess here I provided you too much warmth.
Winter roared in early in the fall of 2002,
And I felt icicles on my nose,
Thus, there's the dying of the rose.

That was yesterday, and now there's today,
On with life's journey I have gone.
I've nearly forgotten about that "incident"
That happened all those years ago,
And yet, you just keep on popping up in my mind.
Lord! How I still haven't a clue how things have changed.
The more things change, the more they stay the same.
I reckon I'll just never learn.

No comments:

Post a Comment