Thursday, August 8, 2013

Madre

Madre                                 October 10, 2005

Madre, you hate me, but I don't know why.
Oh, and Madre, I don't know half as much
As it seems is there to be seen.
I break down, cry, knowing this is true,
Knowing this is making me so blue.
I've gotta have something to hold me up,
To lift me up, to keep me afloat.
Madre, oh lord, how I need you.


Madre, you hurt me, but I never hurt you.
Oh, you vitriolic soul, person of scorn,
Source of all the rage in my world that is, was,
Has, and will forever be true.
The pain just has me all tied in a knot.
Madre, I just want to tell you...
Madre, I've just got to to tell you
You've got me on my knees.

You know, it would be so fucking easy
To just put this gun in my mouth,
Pull the trigger, you know,
End this farce in which I live.
But then, what fun would I have in not bellowing out
Cries, laments, the pains from my heart?
Madre, oh Madre, what am I ever to do,
What am I ever to do with a bitch like you?

No comments:

Post a Comment