Wednesday, August 7, 2013

My Sand Castle

My Sand Castle                            January 12, 2005

Sitting on the edge of the ocean, 
I dig around in the sand, 
Daydreaming of brave warriors 
Fighting fire-breathing dragons, 
You know, those sorts of things. 
I dream of days gone by, 
And perhaps of days that never were, 
And I continue building my sand castle 
Reminiscent of the real ones in England. 

I pretend to lower the bridge 
And invite my friends to cross the moat, 
And allow them to witness the majesty 
Of my own Camelot, 
Simply the grandest castle of all. 
What a magnificent city 
Conceived by my own two hands, 
And I continue building my sand castle 
Reminiscent of the ones in medieval times. 

Here, 'tis finished for all to see, 
For I have worked so very hard. 
I feel God gave me the vision 
In these capable hands 
To create the beautiful and the sublime. 
They say art is subjective, 
And I'm sure that you'll agree, 
But I built this sand castle 
Not for you, but for me. 

No comments:

Post a Comment