Wednesday, August 7, 2013

The Epiphany

The Epiphany                                               January 10, 2005

I've met many a face in my time, 
But none were quite as unique as you. 
I've written many a rhyme, 
But none meant to me anything true 
As the stuff I now write about you. 
So I guess that it means 
You really are something quite special. 
I exalt you to a higher plain, 
The epiphany that I've sought. 

You can ask today what my name is, 
And I'll be more likely to forget my own 
Before I forget yours, for it gives me bliss. 
I'll call you up on the phone 
And tell you that my love isn't on loan. 
I'm all yours to mold into what you will. 

Girl, I tell you that you have put a spell on me. 
I think it's that New Orleans voodoo-magic stuff. 
For you, I'd sail across a raging sea, 
And I'll prove to you my love for you is tough. 
Nothing in this world would be too rough 
For me to obtain for you, 
So have faith in me, as I have it invested in you. 

A little chuckle would do me good, 
For it would warm my soul just right; 
It would serve for me as my soul food. 
Follow me to bed tonight, 
And let us wish upon star 
For God to allow us to love and let live alright. 
I see us as a heavenly love, 
For his divine dove flies above, 
And it's sure to be a splendid time. You shall see. 

No comments:

Post a Comment